Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The messaging team owns and operates Simple Queue Service (SQS), which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous and fault tolerant distributed cloud applications. It’s a core architectural component of the critical systems for Amazon as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS.
The messaging service and the team is growing fast, and is innovating in big and brand new feature areas. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who is obsessed with operational excellence, automation and high availability. How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You want to automate common and complex tasks in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love dive deep into data to identify latency and availability root causes. You find data center build-outs, performance engineering, and other scaling activities to be a joy. Finally, you insist upon giving customers what they want: high quality, highly usable, always-on services.
In this position you’ll get to:
- Work with developers to design, build, and manage massively scaled systems
- Automate all aspects of systems management
- Build distributed systems in new data centers and regions, and add/manage capacity in existing regions as our usage grows
- Optimize the performance of our systems by analyzing and deploying new hardware configurations
- Track the health of our services, identify problems, drive to root cause, and fix
- Collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems