Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across many global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate deployment processes.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills. He/she has a successful track record of designing and automating simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.