The Digital DBA team is a central part of a vibrant and growing set of teams focused on high availability and performance of the overall Kindle experience and consists of senior DBAs supporting specialized teams of software development engineers building and supporting the services behind the Kindle and other Amazon Digital businesses. As a Database Administrator you will be providing that high quality and availability databases across the Digital Commerce Platform.
The successful candidate will have expert level skills in relevant database technologies, understand business requirements and technical implementation of distributed services architectures, and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with engineering teams in other geographies to define and implement broad, business-wide standards for the way databases are designed and implemented. Next, strategy will be translated into efficient and scalable implementation methodologies and tracked by meaningful metrics.
· Database & Application (SQL) performance tuning
· Monitor and maintain database security and database software
· Design, develop, implement and maintain Oracle database instances
· Backup and recovery (RMAN)
· Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
· Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
· Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
· Test, validate and implement performance and resource solutions
· On-call for production databases on a rotation basis