Kindle BU in Amazon.cn is an inventive BU that designs and engineer’s high-profile consumer electronics products like the Kindle eink, Fire Tablet, and also provide high quality ebook content, ebook store, mobile reading app, publisher platform and value add service like KU. The device and content products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer customer benefits that customized for CN readers & publisher’s requirements. This position will work in China Kindle Content product management team, not the Device PM team.
For this specific Senior Product Manager position in China Kindle Content PM team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and manage innovative features for CN ebook store cross all Kindle surfaces. You will also responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly VP- and SVP-level reviews (MBR/QBR) and work you're your manager to drive China Kindle content OP1 planning. See details in R&R section below.
This person has a business-orientation and is responsible for the development and implementation of product plans. S/he is the voice of the CN customer to the specific software development team. This person is responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating the needs of the CN customer and is involved throughout all stages of the content product or a specific feature’s lifecycle. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. Given you will work closely with your manager to manage VP/SVP review and overall content team planning, so you must also have strong writing capability, strategic thinking and ownership. The specific role and responsibility include Program management part:
Product management part:
- Be responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly VP- and SVP-level reviews (MBR/QBR) by working with the Kindle China management team, and managing follow-ups
- Be responsible for driving Kindle China’s annual OP1 planning, including prioritizing top initiatives based on financial models and market fit, and driving decisions across Kindle’s technical organization.
- Strategic project management for new BD-driven initiatives and other new opportunities to grow Kindle’s content and device businesses in China; own definitive birds’-eye view of these projects to drive product decision-making and effective executive reviews
Support the China Content Demand team as the Store PM interface; create business cases to prioritize landing new demand features in China and measure results; bring up CN specific store features with concrete proposal; think strategically about how to optimize content demand operations and output. Specific product coverage include all store function features and promotion tools for CD team. CN specific payment products owned by another PM.
- For store feature and promotion tools on global roadmap that will expand to CN marketplace: you need to work closely with CD team to create business cases to prioritize landing new demand features in China, work with dev and QA team to manage the feature launch in CN to address CN special if any, and measure the biz results.
- For the CN specific feature requirement which is not on global roadmap: you need to think big on CN market needs (reader and pubs) to own an initiative/feature and build concrete PR/FAQ to facilitate the decision. And create the BRD, UI design via working with designer then work together with dev team to deliver it. Goal is engage with HQ PM Team in early stage to add CN requirements into global roadmap but also be aggressive to drive a feature pilot in CN first then expand to other marketplace if biz case very strong.