Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to support and engineer the next generation of compute and storage platforms. The Data Warehouse Data Center Operations team is responsible for providing Infrastructure support for Amazon’s Data Warehouse. We have high standards for our infrastructure as well as our employees, and our systems are highly reliable, highly available, and turn scale into an advantage for our business and an asset to our customers. Our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers and fun to work with.
The Data Warehouse Data Center team comprises of smart engineers and technicians who support the company’s data warehouse infrastructure through innovation and dedication. As a Data Warehouse Support Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the Data Warehouse infrastructure, including but not limited to hosts servers, networking and storage components, and work on . You will also be required to work on various projects as the need arises. The projects will vary in size such asfrom deep dives as part of troubleshooting, to the installation and build of data warehouse grids builds composing of racks, hosts, cabling and networking. You will also be required to work with customer whenever they are having performance issues to diagnose and work together on resolving the issueprovide on-call support to resolve any performance issues or outages. Another aspect of the job will be working partnering with vendors to ensure the resiliency of our equipment.t is properly maintained.
- Maintain data warehouse equipment and remediate hardware, firmware and OS issues
- Work on data warehouse projects
- Work with vendors to assist and support as required
- Improve efficiency within areas of work
- Document and create technical instructions where ever possible
- Participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support
- Collaborate with outside teams to resolve customers issues