The software development team within Application Security looks for ways to use software to gather, evaluate, and transform data from many Amazon systems into concrete and actionable information about whether those applications are secure. Our applications ingest hundreds of gigabytes of information daily, transforming it into meaningful facts that can be interpreted and cataloged to understand the security health of a given system in development.
We are looking for software engineers that want to write applications to import and analyze big data, use that information to drive Machine Learning solutions, push findings through a workflow system, and create tools that integrate with Amazon’s build and operations systems to ensure security every step through the development process. Engineers that enjoy personal responsibility, big problems, lots of influence on the development process, and an iterative approach to finding the right solution will thrive on our team.
- Work with a team to solve complex problems that haven’t been solved before, accepting that it may take several iterations and / or trial and error to figure out the right approach and solution.
- Given a technical objective, work with a team to determine the best design to meet the requirements in the time frame allowed and at Amazon scale.
- Implement designs you've created using Java, Ruby, JRuby, internal Amazon technologies, and AWS technologies.
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure your solutions are complete and accurate.
- Create monitoring and alarming to ensure your solutions behave correctly in production and alarm in a timely manner when issues arise.
- Participate appropriately in estimation, sprint planning, scrum, and retrospectives in a traditional agile process.
- Initiate, perform, and respond to code reviews and design reviews.
- Research and learn new technologies to determine which best solves the problem you are working on