We are looking for seasoned devops leaders; you’re perfect if you possess a rare mix of extreme depth in functions which involve Dev, Ops, Systems Engineering, Management and Customer Obsession. It's difficult to find all these characteristics simultaneously but if you have them all, you’re highly valued and a rare breed! We need these skills because you will be dealing with the largest most demanding enterprise customers whom are scaling their systems in the Cloud.
You will work with the team that is building an upcoming AWS service for enterprise customers and work on mission-critical infrastructures, tools and processes that enable our engineers to iterate at a crazy pace. You'll investigate and create new systems for scaling development and production. You will need to be sharp and impressive with your DevOps magic.
Ideal candidates should be obsessed with Linux and demonstrate expertise utilizing system level tools. A wide range of understanding cloud architectures as associated principles will help candidates be successful in this role. If you’re interested in the position, you should have a strong customer obsession that drives you to learn about your customers and innovate. And, you should be relentless in the techniques and research that provide a holistic view of our customers.
The position requires strong CS fundamentals, as well as enthusiasm understanding low-level operations of large-scale cloud environment.
This position is in Seattle, WA.
D A Y - T O - D A Y
Your goal is to create an exceptional enterprise customer experience. And to do so, you will need to strong skills in following areas: a) enterprise customer management b) tools and metrics development, and c) Site Reliability & Operations.
a) Customer Obsession
• Work activities that relate to the largest customers’ technical requirements by working internally with component teams within this service team and by working with other AWS teams
• Be obsessed on optimizing the experience for key enterprise customer operations and issues.
• Quantify through metrics and analyze customer pain points and work to resolve these problems.
• Advocate on the customer’s behalf through the organization.
• Work to adapt existing tools and increase the system scale.
• Collaborate with Ops and support engineers to augment or improve code.
• Develop customer obsessed dashboards and reporting tools to measure assess and improve the customer experience.
• Build tools and alarms that would inform of potential problems or customer experience issues.
c) Site Reliability Engineering / Operations
• Assist with engineering and operations in troubleshooting system issues.
• Root-cause complex problems involving multiple parties, stakeholders, hardware and software that relate to scaling, performance and throughput for this new AWS service.
• Ensure a high level of reliability and availability using metrics and measurements.
• Enable scaling of our support organizations by providing tools, developing training or augmenting processes to enable First and Second-line support to enhance the customer experience.
· Build highly available, configurable modular operations automation tools
· Work to better the customer experience by digging deep and understanding customer pains
· Adapt existing tools and increase the scale of our systems
· Collaborate with Ops and support engineers in building out monitoring, metrics and graphs
· Assist with engineering and operations in troubleshooting system issues in very complex environments
· Analyze and root-cause and failure cases with a deep technical understanding
· Work across a broad range of component teams
· Document your tools and processes
· Participate in On-call rotation