AWS is hiring a Systems Developer Engineer for the Intelligence Community’s commercial cloud services!
Are you ready to challenge yourself by joining one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon’s e-commerce services platform? We are seeking talented systems developer engineers to own automation, scaling, and to help us evolve our services to improve customer experience across the globe. We build systems that process metering and bills on an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability.
- Independently design and develop tools to aid in operations and automation as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver innovative solutions to complex business and technical challenges.
- Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications
- Provide deployment and operations support for large multi-tiered distributed software applications
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.)
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization.
- Improve customer experience by providing greater visibility on their bills and manage their cost more efficiently.
Do I have the right stuff? You’ll need to:
- Demonstrate that you understand how to design, develop, and implement reporting tools that both alarm and display metrics that are coming from our very active processes
- Demonstrate that you have a firm understanding of both display and processing characteristics of monitoring and metrics reporting
- Demonstrate that you can be a solid Linux sys admin, with experience in rolling out application changes to multiple systems in a production environment
- Demonstrate an extraordinary sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software.
- Demonstrate an ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
What do I get out of this?
- You will work with some of the most talented and innovative professionals in the industry and you will be empowered to engineer world-class software services that are used by millions of people around the world.
- You will become a Ruby scripting whiz, and will learn automation for rolling out new services
- You’ll learn the general structure, functions, and capabilities of the major product lines for all of Amazon’s AWS suites.
- You’ll become very knowledgeable of Amazon’s comprehensive metrics reporting tools, graphical suites, and will be implementing many new reporting technologies
- You’ll become a master of trend analysis, event handling, alarming, metering, live monitoring, and graphical representation techniques
- You’ll be on the forefront of outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting team-oriented atmosphere.