Have you ever wondered how Amazon is able to combine multiple items into your shipment, no matter what items you choose to order? Ever wondered how Amazon can get orders to customers in under an hour? Ever wondered what technologies drive Amazon inventory logistics? If so, how would you like to be in the driver's seat delivering the software powering these abilities? If you are passionate about leading top tier engineering teams in designing systems that work at scale, while working alongside the smartest minds, this might be the right opportunity for you.
The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) Transfers team develops software that executes movement of more than a billion units of transfers between fulfillment centers annually. We improve selection and reduce costs for our customers by moving inventory proactively and reactively to where our customers need it. This problem space is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and involves designing multiple services and solutions from grounds up.
The AFT Transfers team is looking for a passionate engineering leader to help build fast, scalable systems to execute inventory moves across fulfillment centers. If you are a strong technical leader with a track record of delivery and team building, we want to talk to you. A successful candidate for this position will be able to lead a team of software engineers in developing new software from the ground up, create pragmatic solutions for complex business problems, enjoy working closely with operations staff and occasionally travel to Amazon fulfillment centers around the world. So what should you expect from this role?
- Manage overall software development life-cycle
- Create, prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Collaborate with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Own all operational metrics and support
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance
Personal traits not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Shows excellent judgment, are right a lot
- Hire and develop the best people
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Strong results-orientation
- Thinks big, has a bias for Action
- Deals well with ambiguity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D