Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrives you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it would have cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization Team is for you. We build systems to peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon’s warehouses in the most cost-effective way. When customers place orders, our systems use real time, large scale optimization techniques to optimally choose where to ship from and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or faster with the lowest possible transportation costs. This team is focused on saving hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge science, machine learning, integer programming and scalable distributed software on the Cloud that automates and optimizes inventory and shipments to customers under the uncertainty of demand, pricing and supply.
Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Technical Program Manager to successfully deliver an integration across several large scale, high availability software systems using mathematical modeling, simulations and data analysis. We are looking for a Program Manager who thrives on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. We strive to solve complex supply chain optimization problems that no one else has solved yet. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career?
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A strong candidate should understand various optimization techniques and build innovative software solutions working with the supply chain business partners in delivering a viable solution. You should enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
- Own the solution design working across several systems
- Work closely with senior management and engineers to deliver innovative software products
- Create buy-in for product vision both internally and externally and evangelize that vision within the organization
- Develop detailed business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and design
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
- Drive projects, product and feature launches with teams inside Amazon