Amazon.com was recently voted #3 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon has a history of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. To achieve these results, we need to consistently innovate and solve incredibly challenging problems.
Amazon’s Internationalization (I18n) Mechanism team does just that by making it easier for groups across Amazon to bring their products and features to a global audience. The work we do reduces the effort and enables other teams to more efficiently internationalize their products. This is a problem space that is not unique to Amazon, but one in which we are taking a unique approach to solving.
We are seeking an experienced software development engineer. If you are looking for an opportunity that will stretch your knowledge, challenge you to learn and develop new skills, and force you to creatively solve problems at a massive scale, this job might be the right one for you. You will have the opportunity to work directly with dozens of core platform and customer-facing teams, internationalization gurus, and business leaders across Amazon as you develop tools and system improvements that will have a direct impact on hundreds of teams.
In this role, you will become a subject matter expert for internationalization, and asked to provide guidance and direction to developers across Amazon on how to properly globalize their products and features.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Build technology-based solutions that reduce the development and business cost of globalizing products and features
- Be a champion for operational excellence: Insist on the highest standards and write excellent code
- Help define and drive the architecture and technology choices for the I18n Mechanisms team
- Design, implement, and operate highly-scalable, highly-available services
- Partner with service and feature teams across Amazon to better understand and deliver on opportunities
- Develop yourself and those around you by participating and leading trainings and knowledge sharing sessions
- Mentor other junior engineers on the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.