Amazon Devices is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. The team develops relationships with retailers to expand product selection and distribution in physical locations where customers can experience all of Amazon's devices first hand in the real world. We balance complicated and competing tenets in our partnerships with offline retailers in order to provide our end-customers with world class purchasing experiences in our accounts' physical and virtual presentations.
As a Senior Account Manager on the Amazon Devices Team, you’ll be responsible for developing new and managing existing retailer relationships in one of our most productive and challenging channels, broadcast retail. You will own creative sales and marketing strategies, sales results, forecasts, shipment plans, promotional activities and fulfillment strategies. This will require you to work with both internal and external teams product, sales, and logistics teams to drive financially viable, high volume, national productions that provide our broadcast partners' viewership with compelling offers which will drive a highly visible sales metric within both our and their organizations. You will drive the overall, top to bottom success of this channel. You will represent your business's success in weekly meetings with our leadership and meet regularly with our channel partners' leadership to develop long term strategies as well as drive short term program executions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Sell Amazon devices and accessories to our current US retailers as well as develop new retailer relationships
- Manage assigned accounts and coordinate the extended team (e.g., forward and reverse logistics managers, channel marketing managers, accounts receivable analysts, EDI analysts) working within their account
- Manage total inventory and in-stock levels at all of the account's distribution centers and stores as well as on-air and digital Amazon device experience at all of the channel partners
- Negotiate trading terms (e.g., discount rate, advertising, placement, returns provisions, payment terms, freight terms) for assigned accounts
- Lead internal and external business reviews covering operational performance and strategic initiatives
- Forecast sales, determine allocations, and plan shipments for each SKU
- Manage allocation of samples and demonstration units within accounts.
- Ensure on-air talent has required product and sales training on Amazon devices and accessories
- Up-sell other products and secondary placements as well as penetrate new territories and retailers
- Manage product transitions and retailer and distributor communications
- Optimize allocation of marketing development funds
- Resolve any financial issues
- Collect business and market intelligence
- Gather product, packaging, and software requirements
- Travel to accounts as needed (Estimated 10-15%).
You will get a chance to show off your abilities including:
- C- Level communication skills, both written and oral/presentation.
- Solid understanding of financial analyses
- Independence and flexibility
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Well-timed tenacity and conviction
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran ~Amazon Devices is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.