It’s an exciting time to be on the Video Shopping Experience team! Our team builds the front end user interface and back end systems to power video advertising on Amazon’s retail website, mobile applications, and devices. We’re looking for an extremely customer-focused Senior UX Designer who can work with customers, engineers, and product managers to build engaging video experiences for our core eCommerce platform, Amazon Video and IMDb.
As an User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for turning product requirements into usable, useful, and delightful customer experiences. A successful candidate will have a passion for designing innovative user interfaces informed by customer research, industry best practices, and iterative testing. They will be able to explore multiple design solutions to a given problem or feature, and communicate those solutions visually through sketches, user flows, wireframes, functional prototypes, and/or high-fidelity designs, as necessary. They will possess excellent communication skills, strong project management skills, the ability to relentlessly advocate for the customer while delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the full design process from concept development to wireframes to high-fidelity specs
- Identify and solve large-scale problems with minimal guidance. Share and seek adoption of these solutions for company-wide impact
- Present work to design, product and engineering peers and facilitate feedback
- Present work to executive level management
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the user experience. Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization
- Visualize design problems and information in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend
- Work creatively around difficult resource and technical limitations
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs