Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon Web Services is searching for industry-leading hands-on Senior Network Engineer to join our network team that owns critical Amazon Web Services IP networks for our public sector regions. The team drives engineering, implementation, scalability, operations, reliability, and sustainability of these next-generation networks and works on innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand. Position location can be Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
Our ideal candidate is extremely hands-on, highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and has a successful track record of engineering, delivering, and optimizing simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment; with geographically diverse teams is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- As a senior Network Engineer working in AWS Networking you will have end to end ownership (design, engineering, implementation, operations escalation) of our current and newly developing networks
- Lead the engineering and evolution of highly available ultra-scale networks, driving them from concept to launch, and beyond
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Lead project teams to deliver impactful benefits to our customers
- Work closely with our software developers to full automate network deployment and operations
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Review and implement changes on the network
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.