Amazon is seeking an experienced State and Local Tax Senior Manager to join its direct tax compliance and reporting team.
The Amazon tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. The Senior Tax Manager will team up with other tax team members, collectively operating as a partner, gaining a deep, end-to-end understanding of various business initiatives. This individual will also perform support state planning initiatives and incentives, support income tax audits and lead state compliance and provision automation initiatives.
This role will operate with some level of independence and be expected to demonstrate a high level of collegiality. Primary duties include:
· Responsible for analysis and documentation of tax implications of business planning issues.
· Develop and manage tools to model state effects of business initiatives and monitor progress.
· Support company-wide compliance for state/local tax credits and incentives working closely with business owners and other internal resources.
· Support state income tax audits.
· Drive process improvements; enable streamlining to achieve operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of performance metrics.
· Special projects as needed.