Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of AWS services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As an increasing number of large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical talent to help our largest customers navigate the operational challenges of cloud computing.
As a Sr. Service Deliver Manager, you are engaged at the account level in providing visibility, service reviews and reporting through all phases of the implementation life cycle, as well as working closely with other AWS teams to ensure that all changes to a customer’s environments are smoothly carried out while meeting capacity needs and service level agreements. You will work hand-in-hand with senior executives on opportunities to improve customers’ IT landscape. You will work across customer organizations and multiple AWS teams to ensure customers’ applications are well designed and scale to the needs of their business.
You must possess customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Work with customers to provide visibility and guidance around their AWS Services account through regular Operational Service Reviews and Reporting.
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning.
- Work with the customers on operational and tactical issues such as establishing change black-out dates, following up with customers to drive adoption of security and patch compliance best practices
- Be involved in the change management process of the customer’s environment to ensure success and service uptime.
- Work with application owners to develop and standardize test, upgrade, and release management processes
- Be the voice of the customer and work with internal AWS resources to ensure that the customer’s SLA’s are met. Raise internal awareness of customer impacting bugs and/or issues, and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes and/or responses.
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature requests).
- Provide oversight of escalation, prioritization, and communication.
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to understand business needs
- Assist in Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions. Help Enterprises define IT and business processes that work well with cloud deployments
- Post sale, working with Business Development, PS, Ops, and Sales teams to on-board the customer to the service, the scope of which may vary considerably
- Establish the working relationships between the Service Delivery Manager and other AWS account team members such as TAMs, AMs, BDMs – e.g. RACI
- Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone).
- Be available outside of business hours to help coordinate handling of urgent issues as needed.