Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a key team member, help take the business to the next level of sophistication by building the first generation of Yield Management capabilities for the platform. You will work with customers to scope, design, implement, test and launch new features. You will determine and recommend the right design and scope based on business objectives, timelines and resource constraints. You will frequently interface with the advertising sales and platform technology (e.g. delivery and analytics) teams, search & browse teams, retail organization across many categories, the traffic generation team and vendor management. This is a great opportunity to impact different facets of the business, in a very visible sense.
Yield Management is comprised of the set of software technologies empowering our advertisers’ campaigns to obtain a high return on investment, while at the same time maximizing Amazon value and overall inventory monetization. More than just re-implementing the same old solutions already in use in the ad tech industry, this role will challenge you at thinking through new and creative ways to achieve this objective given Amazon’s unique status as the prime internet retail property and Amazon's unique array of ad products. Your team will work in partnership with various stakeholders, Engineers, Research and Data Scientists, to engineer these solutions for scale, efficiency in a way that fulfills our customer’s objectives.
The Yield team is responsible for the core software platform that drives performance display advertising for Amazon’s Headline Search Ads and Product Display Ads. Machine learning technology are core to the delivering this platform and capabilities w.r.t. CTR prediction, dynamic pricing, ranking, ad relevance, ad quality, query understanding, recommendation systems, and much more. Our technology enables thousands of brands, sellers and authors to drive discovery and sales of their products at Amazon by millions of customers. We are growing at an unprecedented rate with an endless range of technical challenges to solve.
We are interested in hiring the top professionals & academics in the field of Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Economics, Econometrics, Physics, and Operations Research. Major responsibilities:
- Use machine learning and analytical techniques to create scalable solutions for business problems
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's historical business data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Work closely with operations staff to optimize various business operations
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches