Amazon's Kindle Reader Engineering team is a fast paced and exciting group that delivers an amazing experience across a large and growing number of computing and mobile environments. The Kindle Reader Engineering team delivers products that are among the most popular and innovative at Amazon. Many of these applications run on a range of mobile platforms including iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows, and the web, as well as our own Fire tablets.
The successful candidate will be passionate about building a great organization, obsessed with build and product quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to manage a fast paced delivery schedule and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy in partnership with the development leadership.
The Software Engineer in Test (SDET) will provide technical leadership and design test suites & frameworks to support applications across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and projects in a dynamic environment. As an SDET, your responsibilities include
- Delivering test automation, functional, and performance test suites.
- Architecture of build & test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, and the selection of new concepts and methodology.
- Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team.
- Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
- Building automated tests to expose defects in product code at component, feature, and UI integration levels
- Creating tools to improve QA efficiencies across the various Kindle Reader platforms
- Working directly with Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure proper development and quality of our applications and platforms