Amazon Alexa is seeking big leaders who want to evolve how people live.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Development Manager. As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading teams of engineers in design, development, testing, and deployment of a range of products on voice, desktop, mobile platforms, and core backend capabilities. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, proven track record of building and leading strong and motivated engineering organizations, have strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage multiple teams of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Managers at different levels of experience.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software.
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.