Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of enterprise companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
You should be somebody that is passionate about solving customers’ problems; you should be technically strong operations engineer who can lead and guide a team in tackling the hardest technical challenges, who excels working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day!
Do you have experience as a Systems Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows, and understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
You will be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment running fleets of server instances interacting with multiple services across several AWS regions.
- Work directly with technical teams from AWS enterprise customers and partners to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs for their application deployment.
- Build and maintain CloudFormation templates, Chef cookbooks and scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources and configuration changes
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services
- Position based in Seattle, WA