AWS Elastic Beanstalk is dedicated to making the process of deploying and managing web applications and services into AWS as easy as possible. Elastic Beanstalk is uniquely positioned to serve as a vehicle for customers to quickly use the power of AWS cloud infrastructure while managing the complexity around running and maintaining applications in the cloud. Moving a solution from a developer workstation or laptop to the cloud in a simple step is where Elastic Beanstalk excels. For more information on Elastic Beanstalk please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/elasticbeanstalk/
The Elastic Beanstalk team is looking for a Technical Product Manager(PM-T) to help extend and improve our support for development platforms, providing best-in-class management for web developers. You will work with cutting edge technology and advocate for customers developing on a wide range of platforms and tools. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, an understanding of how developers build, manage and deploy their infrastructure and applications, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating a win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor to securing Amazon's next generation technology.
Joining the Elastic Beanstalk team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build systems at the cutting edge of the cloud to drive web app developer adoption. You will draw upon exemplary technical architecture skills, deployment and management skills, project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for building large scale software systems. You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions and drive new usage cases. You will interact with a broad cross section of the Amazon organization spanning a wide range of technologies and engaging with external vendors and internal teams. In Amazon Web Services, Technical Product Managers own and drive product direction and build out news businesses to satisfy customer demand.
You must be able to:
• Work with customers to understand their use cases and their existing solutions.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmaps.
• Address bottlenecks, provide customer input, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the solution.
• Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
• Conduct training and outreach to internal support teams as well as external customers