Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future. The Role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team and drive the development of our cloud platform that enables innovative speech devices like Amazon Echo. Your job will be to work with multiple teams of engineers (hardware and software) and other team members (PM, Product, Marketing) to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference at a company that matters, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of core systems/components
- Be responsible to establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
- Be hands on implementing complex subsystems of cloud platform