The International Technology organization owns the discovery and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to customers across the world. We do this through partnerships with other Amazon technical teams, providing them with tools, resources and a platform to make their global approach easy. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology.
Amazon’s Global Alignment and Parity (GAP) team is making it easier for groups across Amazon to bring their products and features to a global audience. The work we do reduces the effort and enables other teams to more efficiently internationalize their products. This is a problem space that is not unique to Amazon, but one in which we are taking a unique approach to solving.
We are looking for a smart, customer focused and technically proficient leader to lead the team. The ideal candidate will bring an ability to set broad program vision complemented by strong engineering management skills. S/he will be responsible for defining and building game-changing automation systems which are used by internal users to drive customer facing and business management improvements on all Amazon sites worldwide.
We operate in an agile manner and are helping solve some bold company wide selection and customer improvement objectives. This means our tools, processes and best practices are rapidly evolving. This role will be responsible for balancing the need to establish a multi-year program vision focused on thoughtful standardization across categories in every Amazon marketplace while delivering continuous benefits for our end users.Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Define and deliver the program goals, supporting business metrics, and success indicators for existing and new initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with technology leaders and stakeholders to align businesses across the globe
- Build technical products and proprietary tools that automate globalization and internationalization
- Lead a diverse program, product and engineering team interfacing with global business stakeholders, requiring working across multiple time zones
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across business and software development teams. Evangelize the program offering and benefits within the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication within a team, and to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal partners
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications, proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and an ability to navigate through complex and changing business requirements.
- An ability to quickly understand and solve complex technical and business problems. Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask