· A solid background in computer science: a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required.
· 2+ years of experience in building production software applications with focus on efficient back-end components is required.
· Proven software development skills, preferably in Java, C/C++, Python, Ruby and/or Perl in Linux environment.
· Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture.
· Adept problem solving and troubleshooting skills.