Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? The International Expansion team is responsible for launching Amazon marketplaces in new regions and our team gets to experience the feeling of launching businesses from the ground up and making our products work for the customers in the new region.
The International Expansion team is building a team to define, design and develop a solution for a new business initiative that will directly impact Amazon's topline growth. Our Development team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the new business initiative. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
As a Developer on the team you will be instrumental in setting the technical direction of this strategic initiative. The solution you will build impacts all aspects of the business ranging from Inventory planning, Order Management and seller experience on both a PC as well as Mobile site.
- Design, implementation, and deployment of applications and services that impact the business with an emphasis on Merchant platform and e-Commerce website development.
- As a senior SDE on the team this person would be responsible for mentoring other SDEs on the team and be a thought leader in identifying new technologies and solutions to business problems.
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon’s website, ecommerce and fulfillment platform on the design and development of core platform functionality
- Work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
- Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, builder and operator. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The leader needs to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.