Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. Used by avid and casual readers alike, Goodreads members can discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine; share ratings and recommendations; track what they have read, and list what they want to read. Goodreads is also a place where authors connect with readers. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon.
As part of the Goodreads Android team, you will join us building the Goodreads for Android app, and Goodreads features in and around the Kindle reading experience for Fire tablet and Kindle customers. This is an opportunity to reach a huge user base to world class standards, connecting and enhancing the experiences of our Goodreads and Amazon readers.
This is an opportunity to be a key player in a small, talented Android team. We:
- Develop our Goodreads for Android and Kindle Fire Tablet apps
- Develop additional deep-integration features within other apps on Kindle Fire Tablets
- Work with the services teams to develop and improve API calls
- Collaborative, friendly and fun
- Your work has high visibility and is appreciated by millions
- Apply open source, cutting edge technology with continual learning opportunities
- Work with bright, talented colleagues
- Tech talks by your peers, catered lunches, game nights, book perks
- Great location: Downtown San Francisco (Near BART, MUNI)
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.