Amazon, along with being a retail and technology company, is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle and Fire family of products. We have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
Digital and Devices Customer Service Technology team owns critical applications and backend services. The team has the charter to innovate customer experience avenues that will push the boundaries of customer-device interaction of devices. As a member of this team, you will be working on Web applications, Android applications, and the backend services that help solve customer problems. Members of this team have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools. They work with an unwavering focus on simplicity and performance. Apart from device applications, you will work on applications used by network operation centers, launch readiness teams, and within our digital products.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software. Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems.
- You have experience working in mobile applications on consumer electronics products
- You are highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- You take great pride in innovate new products that are used by millions of users
- You know what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish
You are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge