Reports to APAC Operation Director directly. He/she will work with ROLs and DCEO team in APAC on all MEP related issues. Areas include Data Center Facility and Engineering Operations including sustaining and improving availability, cost management, risk assessment and mitigation, review corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure and metric reporting.
The ideal candidate for the role should be somebody with intensive experience in data center MEP related areas. He/she will be a hands on leader dealing with power, cooling systems and data centers facility related matters. Having ability to develop great relationships with internal teams and external vendors is essential. He/she should also have a passion for technology along with a desire to always insist on the highest standard for the job. Candidate with vast knowledge and experience in switch gear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems are preferred.
This candidate will base in Seattle and do frequent travels to APAC. Roles and Responsibilities:
Provides strategic and tactical solutions to Regional Operation Leaders and DCEO Managers to improve Availability and cost management.
- Participates in strategic and tactical planning projects.
- Conducts financial analysis and contributes to financial decisions.
- Assists in the design and build out of new facilities.
- Participates in recruiting efforts. Continually raising the bar.
- Executes vision and goals for the team.
- Uses business knowledge to set priorities and develop project plans.
- Has a deep understanding of best practices in their area of expertise and ensures their application.
- Work with Regional Managers and other business leaders to manage and improve Availability, optimize performance, reliability and efficiency of the data center infrastructure facilities.
- Bridge communication with Seattle especially during customer impact events.
- Assist and follow thru COE and outstanding actions.