Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech Company based in Seattle. Amazon’s finance team is searching for bar-raising accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
This position supports and can directly influence the launches of some of Amazon’s newest global business initiatives in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. This position will represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity and support multiple, simultaneous project launches impacting the global accounting organization. Incumbents in this position are expected to have sufficient leadership skills to guide and manage a team which supports new business launch teams, helping them identify and incorporate necessary accounting requirements, have a solid understanding of computing system interaction, and can identify internal control elements within systems or tools to support new business activities. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to accounting, finance, business and IT leadership.
Successful candidates for this manager level positon will have a minimum of eight years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies or public accounting firm. Candidates for this position will have a demonstrable history of leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges in accounting, project management, and systems implementation.
Job responsibilities will include:
· Lead and mentor a team of managers to provide project support and assistance to Amazon's business and development teams with the design of new products or offerings to ensure successful project delivery and controllership.
· Build relationships across multiple teams within Amazon to foster a collaborative and productive working relationship.
· Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
· Manage risks across disparate business functions, driving mitigation and resolution.
· Managing program status and communicating to senior leadership.
· Attracting new talent into Amazon