· High School Diploma or GED is required.
· A 2-year technical training program completion, or completion of a 3 year apprenticeship, is strongly preferred.
· 5-7 years of hands-on experience is required working on electrical generator systems.
· Fully trained on Cummins and Caterpillar products.
· A minimum of 2 years of customer service/contact is required.
· All locations offer clean, safe working conditions, however, you may be working in situations where hazardous and potentially lethal electrical energy may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of engines, generators and load transfer equipment is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
· Must demonstrate technical knowledge of electrical generator systems and related engine mechanical failures.
· Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
· Must be able to work well under pressure or within deadlines.
· Must be able to travel 80-90% of the time in an assigned region, and/or work overtime, weekends, or holidays, sometimes on short notice.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
· Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
· Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50.
· Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.