Join the Digital Shopping Revolution! The Digital Store Services team is building next-generation frameworks and services that will unlock how Amazon customers shop for digital goods (eBooks, magazines, comics, audio books, music, and video). While our roots are in eBook shopping experiences (Kindle), we are rapidly branching out to other digital areas. In this exciting new role, you will define, build, and launch innovative mobile-specific frameworks that unlock new mobile-optimized experiences for millions of customers worldwide.
Our team develops new frameworks, services, and technologies that help Amazon engineers re-imagine mobile shopping across multiple device types worldwide. Our team has previously developed shopping features using React Native, and now we are doubling down on a comprehensive new effort we call Digital Store 2.0. Our team is also doing heavy experimentation with augmented reality, gesture-based navigation, machine learning, and Alexa experiences. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a technical leader and will build technologies that enable new customer-facing experiences having an enormous impact on how customers (and your friends and family) interact with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership, strong engineering mindset, and who want to build something from the ground up. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You’ll straddle both the product perspective and engineering execution while holding the entire problem-space in your head. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
- Be heavily involved with the design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting consumer features.
- Evaluate all relevant mobile development technologies including React Native, Go, Swift, and others
- Architect new end-to-end features that bring shopping innovations to mobile
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automation, and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
- Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence