You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don’t quit. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
· Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Ruby.
· Interface with business customers to gather requirements.
· Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Tune application and query performance using Unix profiling tools and SQL.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business.
· Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets