Are you interested in beginning a career in Information Security? Amazon is seeking world class Security Analysts for their External Party Security group in Seattle, WA.
The External Party Security Group makes sure that Amazon data stays secure when we share it with companies outside the firewall. From shipping manifests to beta-test video games, we work with companies of all sizes and every type of data flow.
The ideal candidate will combine a passion for security and working with new technologies, demonstrated large-enterprise experience and attention to detail despite frequent interruptions.
He/She will have experience working in a busy online operations environment and have previously participated in operational support using automated trouble ticketing. We want team members who can suffer the occasional frustration professionally and courteously, and who then update documentation and workflow so that nobody encounters the same problem again.
Amazon Security Analysts are expected to always think and act in a proactive and innovative manner. Their goals are to protect customer data in an efficient and scalable way, and to escalate complex problems to the responder that can best solve them.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest security engineers while also developing your skills and beginning your security career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies in the world. In addition to a stimulating working environment, Amazon offers mentoring programs with experienced engineers, regular tech talks with technology Principals and multiple, defined career paths that start from this position. Key tasks include:
- Provide first level response, analysis, research, and data gathering for data sharing requests.
- Provide first level support to Amazon employees on external party issues; i.e. security policy clarification and exception requests, survey scoring, contract modifications.
- Triage and escalate the right kind of work to other teams in Amazon Legal, Finance and AWS, or to the level-two and level-three resolvers in Information Security.
- Create and review documentation and process for recurring issues, develop new standard operating procedures, develop training and technical documents.
- Build threat models and document required controls for new types of business.
- Strictly adhere to and enforce Amazon information security policy, practices and procedures
- Respond to and complete customer requests to SLA via Remedy trouble ticketing system
- Drive down mean time to resolution for all External Party related trouble tickets
- Evangelize security within Amazon.com and be an advocate for Customer Trust