Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and make informed buying decisions whether for a physical good or for a digital product. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. We provide customers a fully-integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
Kindle Author and Publisher tools team is looking for a Senior Product leader to lead our next generation toolset for authors and publishers. As Head of Product Management, you will lead a Product and Program Management team focused on defining and building future products for Kindle that enables our vision to offer customer every book every published in any language. You will drive the strategy and vision for the group, and oversee the development and management of multiple product roadmaps based on that strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional—you will be working closely with leaders across Kindle to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision for multiple products
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Oversee the definition and management of high quality, product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Hire and manage a team of world-class product managers, providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision and strategy
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Concrete experience managing complex digital products preferably end customer facing content authoring tools through multiple product lifecycles
- Successful history of shipping innovative products involving client software.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Strong team-orientation.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and lead high performance Product Management teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape