Amazon Marketplace drives the Selling On Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. One third of shipments for Amazon customers are generated from this business. The team is focused on building a technology platform that will support the explosive business growth in existing markets, streamline the business for Amazon and the Sellers and launch business in new markets and establish a fair marketplace. These solutions include the software platform and applications that enhance demand generation, enable customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, business analytics, and the inventory, order, shipping and payment management functions necessary for sellers to manage their business online at Amazon.com.
Our rapidly growing team offers great opportunities for results-oriented individuals who know how to identify market needs and opportunities, define product objectives and plans, are focused on excellent customer experiences, and are experienced in driving functional specifications through the development process. This is your opportunity to make a big impact on the satisfaction of our sellers and the performance of our business. The Marketplace Fulfillment team is part of the Post-Order-Care group in the Amazon Marketplace organization The software developed and owned by the Fulfillment team is a critical component in our quest to provide best of the breed order management options to all Sellers at lowest prices enabling top notch experience for buyers on Amazon.com.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, implement, and launch the next generation fulfillment management services that will drive Amazon's growth and provide a robust platform to launch Amazon business worldwide.
- Lead an engineering team that will build, operate and maintain software in order to meet business needs.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals.
- Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes.
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
- Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
- 5-10 years experience in Software development
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills. Experience budgeting and purchasing hardware and software.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Previous demonstrated project management success on high-volume web-based applications projects
- Deep understanding of system architecture and OO Design and experience with large distributed and online transactional systems.